Service activities are experiential learning opportunities with the intended purpose of contributing skills and resources to serve others. Service is an unpaid, non-punitive, intentional activity(ies) to benefit a community need.
Through the Service Experience, students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Articulate the essential practices of responsible citizenship.
- Observe and analyze community needs and social injustices.
To meet the criteria of the Service Engagement Area, students are expected to successfully complete the following activity:
- Complete and document at least 200 hours of community service in the University ServScript Program (both on the paper form and online in your myFSU portal).
- Service hours must be documented in the University ServScript Program by the last day of the semester (or the Friday of final exam week by 11:59PM Eastern Time) in which the service is completed.
- Students must complete and document their 200 hours of service PRIOR to submitting their Garnet and Gold Scholar Society Service Engagement Area Reflection
- Questions on what is considered service? Qualifying Service
- Questions on how to log your hours? How to record service hours
For GGSS to be able to see your total number of service hours in ServScript you will need to ensure you have a mailing address in the registrar's system. Below you will find instructions to add your mailing address. You will also find instructions with guided images here.
- Go to my.fsu.edu and logon using your FSUID and password.
- When your portal home page appears, on the left side of the page under MyFSU Links, click the SC icon.
- Click on the My Info box.
- In the right hand column, click on Addresses.
- Click the + button under the Mailing Address.
- The Edit Address page appears. Edit your Mailing Address and click OK.
- The Change Address verification page appears. Verify your edits and click Save. Your change will take effect on the date reflection in the calendar field.
If you have any questions about doing this, contact the FSU Registrar's Office directly at (850) 644-1050.