Service activities are experiential learning opportunities with the intended purpose of contributing skills and resources to serve others. Service is an unpaid, non-punitive, intentional activity(ies) to benefit a community need.
Through the Service Experience, students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Articulate the essential practices of responsible citizenship.
- Observe and analyze community needs and social injustices.
To meet the criteria of the Service Engagement Area, students are expected to successfully complete the following activity:
- Complete and document at least 200 hours of community service in the University ServScript Program (both on the paper form and online in your myFSU portal).
- Service hours must be documented in the University ServScript Program by the last day of the semester (or the Friday of final exam week by 11:59PM Eastern Time) in which the service is completed.
- Students must complete and document their 200 hours of service PRIOR to submitting their Garnet and Gold Scholar Society Service Engagement Area Reflection
- Questions on what is considered service? Qualifying Service
- Questions on how to log your hours? How to record service hours
Service Reflection Evaluation Rubric