Service activities are experiential learning opportunities with the intended purpose of contributing skills and resources to serve others. Service is an unpaid, non-punitive, intentional activity(ies) to benefit a community need.
Through the Service Experience, students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Articulate the essential practices of responsible citizenship.
- Observe and analyze community needs and social injustices.
To meet the criteria of the Service Engagement Area, students are expected to successfully complete the following activity:
- Complete and document at least 200 hours of community service in the University ServScript Program (both on the paper form and online in your myFSU portal).
- Service hours must be documented in the University ServScript Program by the last day of the semester (or the Friday of final exam week by 11:59PM Eastern Time) in which the service is completed.
- Students must complete and document their 200 hours of service PRIOR to submitting their Garnet and Gold Scholar Society Service Engagement Area Reflection
- Questions on what is considered service? Qualifying Service
- Questions on how to log your hours? How to record service hours
For GGSS to be able to see your total number of service hours in ServScript you will need to ensure you have a local mailing address in the registrar's system. Below you will find instructions to add your local mailing address.
- Sign in to my.fsu.edu
- Click on the "Student Center" link under "My Information" OR click on the "SC icon" under "MyFSU Links"
- At the bottom under "Personal Information" there's a drop down menu. Select "Addresses" and click on arrow to enter the addresses page.
- Click on "Add A New Address"
- Enter Address and click "OK"
- There are two check boxes, one for Home and one for Mail. Click on the "Mail" check box then click "Save".
- Go back to the main Student Center page and under Personal Information the address you input should show up as a local mailing address.