Garnet and Gold Scholar Society members will demonstrate how they have developed their leadership, professional, citizenship and/or research skills while building collaborative relationships in the academic, local or global community.
The Garnet and Gold Scholar Society facilitates involvement and recognizes the engaged, well-rounded student who excels within and beyond the classroom in the areas of Leadership, Internship, Service, International, and Research. A student who has met the criteria in three of the five areas and writes an approved Synthesis Reflection is eligible for consideration.
Drop-In Advising Hours
Spring 2014 Induction Ceremony & Reception
Deadlines for Participants
Students participating in the Garnet and Gold Scholar Society are expected to adhere to the following deadlines according to their semester of graduation. Students are encouraged to enroll early and complete the steps in advance of these deadlines. Please refer to the chart below for specific requirements and deadlines.
Students must submit their Intent to Participate and have it approved at least a semester prior to their final semester at FSU.
All deadlines are enforced at 11:59 PM of the listed date.
|Semester Graduating||Intent to Participate||Engagement Area Reflections*||Synthesis Reflection*|
|May 21, 2014||First two areas: June 25, 2014
Final area: September 17, 2014
|October 22, 2014|
|Spring 2015||September 24, 2014||First two areas: October 22, 2014
Final area: January 28, 2015
|March 4, 2015|
|Summer 2015||February 4, 2015||First two areas: March 4, 2015
Final area: May 27, 2015
|June 17, 2015|
*If the first submission of your Engagement Area or Synthesis reflections are not approved, you have one week to revise and resubmit. You only have one chance to revise.
How to Get Started
The Intent to Participate is the first step in getting involved with Garnet and Gold Scholar Society. Deadlines for submitting the Intent to Participate are detailed in the chart above.
Students can submit an Intent to Participate any semester up until the semester prior to their graduating semester.
For more information on getting started, please visit the Intent to Participate page.
Questions about Garnet and Gold Scholar Society?
- Review the engagement area criteria on this website to determine which 3 areas you will complete.
- Complete the Intent to Participate.
- Participate in three selected areas of engagement.
- Complete documentation and reflections for each area of engagement.
- Complete Synthesis Project.
- Learn more ways to be involved on campus
- Participate in unique programs and mentoring throughout the year
- Achieve special recognition at graduation
- Receive special designation on official university transcript
- Set yourself apart from your peers by making yourself more marketable to potential employers or graduate programs after graduation
- Articulate how your involvement on campus has prepared you for post-collegiate plans